NOTE: This feature is only available with Sim4Life V6.2.1. At the time of publishing this post, this version has not been released yet.
- Load a ViP model shell into the project. There is one example shell distributed with the tutorials. Other shells will be made available in the future. (Alternatively, the skin of a model can be used, but might be much slower to process)
- Select the shell model entity and from the ribbon, select Mesh Tools | Mesh Doctor
- From the Options window, select Make Manifold
- Create a block or cylinder covering the parts of the body to be covered by an extra thicker layer
- Multi-select the Skin and the Block. From the ribbon, select Mesh Tools | Intersection patch
- Select the newly created patch. From the ribbon, select Mesh Tools | Extrude Patch
- Assign a thickness in the Options window and select Run